Monday, August 24, 2009

Sicily Telford

Well, finally an update! We had our baby, Sicily, on Aug. 17, so she is 1 week old today! And that week flew by! I started having contractions Sunday night about 10:00, and we went to the hospital Monday morning around 7:30. I was waiting all night for those contractions to get 5 minutes apart, and it just never happened. Finally we went to the hospital and I was already to a 7. Sicily was born at 1:26 pm, weighed 7 lbs even, and was 19 inches long. She has already brought us so much joy, and we are glad to be back into somewhat of a normal routine as I am living in Arco again! I could not figure out why I had so much mail and bills piled up when I got home, but then I realized I was gone for 15 days! A lot can happen in 15 days! I really appreciated having my mom and Kimaree take such good care of me while I was in Rexburg. They helped to distract me, and then nursed me back to health. Sicily and I were spoiled rotten! Here are a few pictures we have taken so far!
One happy dad!

(Mark hurt his arm motorbiking, so that is what is going on with the brace. Really! It wasn't because I was squeezing his hand that hard.)

10 fingers and 10 toes

We have been really entertained by how LONG Sicily's fingers and feet are! We are guessing she will be really tall like my sisters! She is always stretching out those fingers and she curves all 10 fingers up (like the backwards double-jointed up). It's really funny. She looks like she is always trying to show off her manicure or something dainty like that.

Tanning

We were worried one morning that Sicily was looking a little yellow, so Kimaree took her out and showed her the ways of the sun bathing world. It must have worked because the Dr. says no signs of jaundice are present! Yay! (Do those arms and legs look long or is it just me?)





Looking like a Walker?

Well, we don't know for sure, but we think Sicily looks just like my dad with a Telford nose. We'll have to see how she grows and changes, but so far we think Walker traits are what she's got! She was born without any major scratches or bumps other than her chin, which is almost cleared up! She's looking different every day!



8 comments:

Tenille said...

How exciting! We are so happy for you! Isn't it just the best ever!? She's so cute. And I love her name! Congrats!

Countrylivn' said...

I was just thinking how she looks so much like Mark and then you wrote she is definately a Walker! How funny! She must be a good combination! She does have daddy long legs and arms, what a pretty baby, I need to come see you, and her. I am glad you are recovering well! CONGRATS!!

Heather said...

She's so beautiful! We're so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see her.

McKenzie said...

What a beautiful baby! And I agree, she does look long! Congrats!

Suzanne said...

she is SO cute! i loved the sunbathing picture! congratulations!

Margaret said...

What a darling baby! Enjoy this next stage of life. It is one of the best!!

Jami said...

COngrats Mark and Paige!!! She is a cutie!!! Hope you are doing well!!!

Andersen said...

congrats with the new baby girl. She does look long I think. She is going to grow up so fast, it is kinda sad how fast they grow but it sure is fun to see them learn new things