Monday, March 16, 2009

The Past Two Weeks

Where do I begin? Mark and I have been busy. Mark has begun cutting and shipping seed from Arco, and I've just been driving around in my car... what I do best! You never know where I'll be each day!
Two weeks ago today our dog Rebel was hit by the neighbor. Mark believes he slipped on the ice and fell too close to the tire, but however it happened, it was quite traumatic for us. (Mostly me). Rebel has been my first pet, so I have become to love him and treat him as a good preparation for kids. Just ask anyone who knows me, this dog is PAMPERED, and I enjoy every minute I pamper him. I already know things will change when the baby comes, but in the meantime I want to worry about him all day every day. He makes a good traveling companion when I'm going place to place in my car every day. Anyway, I was rushing him to the vet in Terreton when I found out he was in Utah, so I just kept driving to Rexburg. That was the longest drive of my life! Looking back, I now realize that Rebel was dying and that was the reason for his behavior in the car. Luckily, we got him to the vet in time to get his pain under control and get him out of shock. On Tuesday the vet called me and told me Rebel had lived through the night, and so he would be able to perform surgery on his broken leg. I was one happy girl! (Let's just say I didn't get much sleep wondering what the vet would tell me the next morning.) The vet called on Wednesday morning after the surgery and told me to come get Rebel because he was growling and barking at anyone who tried to get close, so they couldn't give him the medicine. When I got there he was happy to be carried to my car and go home. I had to wake up every 2 hours and take him to the bathroom (carry him outside basically) and all that fun stuff. But it is worth it! He is eating and drinking now, and acting like the old Rebel. He has to be in his cage or a small room for the next 2 months, and we are getting his staples removed on Wednesday. This has been good in a way, because we are not letting Rebel into our house anymore, so we can keep him more confined, and also prepare for the baby.


Luckily he only had to wear this one night, since then he has left his leg alone!


This was 2 weeks ago, now the bruising is almost gone and the swelling is almost gone. His hair is starting to grow back!


Now for the fun stuff! Last weekend we were in Rexburg for Kimaree's Jr. Miss. She did so awesome and was BEAUTIFUL! The theme was Fabulous, and they danced to High School Musical Songs. The stage decorations were so great! She didn't win, but I have to keep reminding myself that, because in our eyes she won before she ever stepped foot on the stage. Some of the other participants were a little rude to Kimaree (to say the least), but she just turned the other cheek and was her same sweet self. She worked 24/7 on all the routines and her talent, and it showed on stage. The theme of Jr. Miss is "Be Your Best Self", and it's nice to know that Kimaree really is her best self inside and out. Hopefully the other mean girls will learn from her example! We love her a lot and couldn't be more proud. (Plus it has helped to have half the crowd come up to us afterwards and tell us they thought she should have won! I don't know why, but that always makes me feel more validated!)


Aren't those decorations cute!?!

Kimaree's suit for interview.


That's the genuine smile we love! Good Job Kimaree! We love You!
While I was in Rexburg I had another Dr's appt. I made my next appointment for April 10th. Mark and I have decided to find out what we are having, so on April 10th we will find out! I have been feeling much better the last few weeks, and we haven't had to have any emergency PULL OVER moments for a while. So we are making progress! And, I got my hair cut and colored last Thursday. Not just a trim and hi lights either, it's like a new hairdo! I'll have to post pictures of the new do soon!














3 comments:

Ryan and Maria said...

So glad to hear your pet made it through safely! I can see Grandma Zelma's smile in Kimaree as if it were her herself!!!! What a beautiful family we have!!!!

Denning's said...

Notice Brooklyn in the background! What a babe! She absolutely loves Kim Babe and follows her everywhere! I love it!

Becky and Paul said...

HI, I WAS ON MY KIDS BLOG AND FOUND YOURS. I JUST WANT TO SAY HI AND HOW NEAT FOR YOU 2 TO HAVE A BABY. THE GIRLS STILL MENTIONS YOUR NAME AND WE WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU. YOU WERE SUCH A GREAT EXAMPLE TO US ALL. GOOD LUCK. LOVE BECKY ROBERTSON